Sunday, August 5, 2012



July 2012, we had a wonderful family vacation back west.  For some it had been 10 years since the last visit.  Way too long of a wait.  For me a trip out west is cleansing and brings me back to my roots.  (I think Elkhart is beginning to be to far away.)  We had a fun day at a reunion on Janelle's side of the family.  Her brother Kendall and his wife Judy rented a fun water slide for all the kids.  Jaden had a good time on it.  It was off to Yellowstone Park.  At the Firehole River drive Erika was all excited while  Cassidy tried to steal a kiss.  All the kids posing for a picture.  Erika took some time off work to join us with her husband.  We didn't actually consider this our first family reunion, but really it was now that Erika is out on her own and starting her own life with Justin.  We were able to visit all of Janelle's brother sisters and parents with the exception of one brother who was in Alaska fishing, and all of my brothers and my parents.  We spent time in Yellowstone, Idaho Falls, Provo, Salt Lake, Logan and Denver, CO.  An absolute blast, but one that leaves me wanting more....

1 comment:

  1. wow! what a trip! kinda crazy that you had your first "corey and Janelle field family reunion"! We'll do what we can to see that you get more time in the west. ;)

    ReplyDelete